GenesisSolutions, An ABS Group Company, hosted an EAM Best Practice overview webinar on MRO Inventory Management on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 at 11am ET / 10am CT.
To request a copy of the presentation file, please click here.
To view the recorded session, please click here.
There are many factors that must be considered when evaluating an MRO Inventory Management Program. Reliability Centered Maintenance recognizes the importance of having the right parts available at the right time to execute the Planning and Scheduling of maintenance work. The intention of this webinar is to provide instruction and guidance when conducting or developing an MRO Inventory Management Program to optimize maintenance workflow.
Examples of inventory management concepts that will be discussed is the identification of an item master list, the process of organizing, maintaining, and controlling inventory as well as examining the elements of issuing and distributing MRO material to maintenance technicians or Point-of-Use locations.
Value Proposition / What the Audience will Learn:
- How to build and structure Item Master File – Data integrity / Normalization
- How to execute Material Planning – Qualify Work Order Requests / Parts Requisition / Maintenance Tools / Rental Equipment / Special Needs
- What steps are involved in developing a Stores Strategy - Layout / Security / Stocking
- What are the major processes for Inventory Management – Receiving / Cycle Counting / Obsolescence / Scrap / Warranty & Repair
- Best Practices for issuing and distribution of material – Picking / Staging / Point-of-Use (POU) delivery
Who should attend?
- Asset Management Program Managers & Directors
- Engineering Managers & Directors
- Facility and Plant Engineers
- Finance Managers
- Maintenance Managers & Directors
- Maintenance Supervisors
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Operations Managers & Directors
- Planners & Schedulers
- Process Engineers
- Reliability Managers, Engineers and Technicians
Steve Cormack has over twenty-five years’ experience in Reliability Engineering, Maintenance Management, MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Operations) supplies procurement, application and repair, and hands-on operational experience across a spectrum of industries including pharmaceutical and biotech (regulated environments), aerospace / defense, oil & gas, discrete manufacturing, petrochemical, pulp & paper, and utilities industries.
In his current role as Manager, Reliability Services, he focuses on developing technical solutions for his customers centering on maintenance and reliability improvements.
Steve earned his undergraduate degree in Business Administration at the University of Montevallo located in South Central Alabama and resides in Birmingham, AL.