For the past 10 years, GenesisSolutions has recognized our employees that exhibit leadership and perseverance in the face of difficult business conditions and unforeseen project constraints. These team members consistently deliver project quality excellence in spite of these obstacles.
The Founders Award is given to the employee(s) who demonstrate excellence in one of the following areas as determined by their customers:
- Customer Service
We are proud to announce this years recipients.
Carrie Brown, Senior Recruiter
During Carrie Brown’s tenure with GenesisSolutions, there have been many examples of great performance. Listed below are some samples of customer feedback received about her excellent performance:
- Project commitment - Difficult tasks, and there have been many, are accepted with a positive “can do” attitude. When working with Carrie we feel that nothing is impossible. With Carrie we feel as the saying goes, “the difficult will be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.”
- Listening skills – our business can be very fast-paced. So it is important to listen carefully to new assignments or direction, get it right the first time so we don’t waste time in meetings for clarifications. Carrie’s listening skills are exceptional.
- Organizational skills – at times we juggle many tasks some of which start and stop with no notice. So having a good work flow and good recordkeeping are very important. Carrie is exceptional in both areas.
- Communication skills – Carrie always keeps us updated on project tasks and changing situations, and always properly asks for direction when needed.
- Carrie is very result driven and orientated towards the identified target.
- Extremely prompt in responding to requests. Makes improvement suggestions while showing respect for other team members.
- Expert at “pulling a rabbit out of a hat.” Comes up with creative solutions to difficult problems with no complaint and without missing a stride.
- Has played an important role in changing our culture to be more disciplined about a couple of our business processes. Making these changes was not easy but Carrie’s personal style and persistence helped make it possible.
- Carrie has made a strong impact on our project results. With Carrie’s help we have made improvements that would never have been possible otherwise.
- A project such as this requires team members to be flexible and work together to achieve tough milestones. Carrie is a highly regarded team member who displays open communication and a great deal of respect to her peers. Carrie grasps new concepts readily and willingly accepts advice from others.
- Works well with members of our work group (some of whom can be very demanding at times).
- Strong team player – does not seek individual credit even when it has been well deserved.
Tim Gilmer, Manager – Professional Services
I have had the opportunity to work with Tim this past April. Almost immediately Tim and I connected both personally and professionally and are very much aligned in our thinking and actions.
Since that initial introduction, I have come to further appreciate the effort that Tim is making to ensure that our Maximo project is correctly set up and executed to succeed. Tim understands the importance of this project and the broader implication that a successful program will have not only within our company, but also the entire maritime industry. The maritime industry is currently in a transition from traditional applications to forward thinking and collaborative environment. Without someone with Tim’s insight and drive, I am not sure where this project would be heading; even at this early juncture in time.
The experience that Tim brings to the table, in my opinion, cannot be matched. Tim has helped me understand the power of Maximo, how to leverage this power, and, more importantly, given me a much better understanding of GenesisSolutions and all that GenesisSolutions has to offer.
In short, Tim is a great ambassador for GenesisSolutions and is fully deserving of the Founder’s Award.
David Pitman, Principal Consultant
We wish to nominate David Pitman for the GenesisSolutions Founders Award for 2013. David came on site this year and became a key member of our CMMS Improvement team. David successfully led us through a very challenging Maximo upgrade from version 4.11 to version 7.5. As background information:
- Our Maximo 4.11 system was antiquated and was no longer supported by IBM.
- Several internal audits were conducted that consistently indicated that we were vulnerable to FDA action or intervention
- We were a 100% paper based system
- Our assets were never setup properly in 4.11 and produced much confusion among users
- We had almost zero ability to trend asset historical costs, failures, or labor hours and critical performance indicators.
- We were extremely limited by our old CMMS in growing towards a Reliability-Based Maintenance organization
David has been a primary driver for success on this project. His expertise was essential in leading us through the different technical aspects of the new system. He was instrumental in delivering this project on time and on budget. The first requirement that was communicated to Genesis – even before David came on board – was that we had to deliver a quality CMMS product on schedule and within our budget constraints. When David arrived he firmly committed to us he would successfully meet all of our project requirements and constraints. I have to admit that I was skeptical at first, but month after month he provided the progress reports that proved his words. Without David I feel certain that we would not have been able to achieve these results. Among his important contributions to the project were:
- Guided us toward a successful implementation of a Maximo 7.5 CMMS
- Effective in developing our understanding of the Maximo product
- Led us through the development of our maintenance process flows in the context of Maximo 7.5
- Responsive in implementing our unique configuration ideas
- Instrumental in developing our validation testing strategy and test protocols
- Effective trainer for all users at our site
- Successful Go-Live of the new system in 2013
On a personal basis David consistently displayed an incredible work ethic and a dedication to the success of the project. I can tell you that David devoted much personal time to this project especially when it came down to our Go-Live dead line. David always conducted himself with professionalism. When we came up with not-so-great ideas he calmly and rationally influenced us to change our minds to be in more conformity with Maximo Best Practices. Furthermore, David is not only extremely knowledgeable about the Maximo CMMS product, but he is also extremely knowledgeable of maintenance best practices. His strong knowledge base has given us a high level of confidence that we now possess a tool that will enable us to grow and reach our vision of becoming a reliability centered maintenance organization.
I understand that your Founders award is the highest level of recognition that Genesis can bestow upon someone in your organization. I have no reservation in my recommendation of David to receive this award. His efforts have been tremendous and we feel he is very deserving of this highest level of recognition and honor.